|GIS Programmer - Time Duration (1 Year commencing April 2012)
||City of Chilliwack
This posting closed on
March 23, 2012
at 4:30 PM
||2012-17 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Assists management in the efficient and effective operation of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and services within the City of Chilliwack. In this position, you will work to respond to the informational needs of the City through the use of an advanced, networked GIS and relational database server to develop complex GIS applications, procedures, queries, thematic maps and reports.
||The work includes the following activities:
1. Operate sophisticated engineering workstation computers and peripherals, running advanced GIS applications in a networked, multi-tasking environment;
2. Developing complex spatial and textual database queries and procedures in response to informational requirements provided by the users of GIS data;
3. Develop applications and macros to enhance and extend the functionality of the GIS platform;
4. Assist in developing standards and practices for GIS operation;
5. Data management and development of database queries using a relational database server;
6. Evaluation and implementation of new technology;
7. Design, generate and organize thematic spatial data;
8. Accurately enter spatial data via digitizer, mouse or keyboard;
9. Convert data to a variety of formats for use by other organizations and in other applications;
10. Other duties as assigned from time to time.
||Must be a graduate of a recognized Geographic Information Systems Technology Program, supplemented with courses in computer programming.
||- Proficient in computer programming in macro and high level languages.
- Extensive knowledge in the use of state of the art GIS systems, including Arc SDE and Geo-database;
- Ability to perform advanced SQL queries against an Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server databases;
- Ability to solve complex problems based on unclear or poorly defined information;
- Working knowledge of networked personal computers and operating systems;
- Working knowledge of the use of spreadsheet, word processing and other office applications;
- Able to evaluate working practices and establish standards for work procedures and the use of technical resources
- Able to work with minimal supervision and to exercise judgment in the performance of duties in accordance with established priorities;
- Able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with Department officials and other members of staff;
- Ability to write clear and concise procedures, standards and records of work completed.
||We offer a very competitive salary and benefits package, as well as a great work environment that prides itself on employee satisfaction.
||Please submit your cover letter, resume, and application form in .pdf or .doc format only.
||8550 Young Road
||March 9, 2012 08:30 AM
||March 23, 2012 04:30 PM