||City of Chilliwack
This posting closed on
June 19, 2012
at 4:30 PM
||2012-46 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||This union position, reporting to the Supervisor of the Geographic Information Services (GIS) section, will be responsible for the maintenance of the GIS website and all facets of computer programming, including studying new innovations in programming techniques and keeping informed of advances in computer technology and equipment; assisting in systems modifications and in the design of new systems; operating computers as required.
||You are familiar with designing web-based applications using development tools such as Microsoft.NET framework, Microsoft Visual Studio and ColdFusion & ASP. You will demonstrate proficiency with either Microsoft SQL and/or Oracle. Familiarity with ArcGIS, Python and the ability to develop complex spatial & textual database queries and procedures in response to informational requirements of users would be an asset. You must be able to communicate effectively, both in oral and written format and be able to prepare technical and non-technical reports.
The incumbent will be trained to provide GIS technical support as necessary and will be expected to perform these duties as required.
||Must have a diploma in information systems or related discipline from a recognized post-secondary institute plus have sound related experience.
||- Familiarity with the basics of computing science including computer architecture, time sharing operating system functions, file structures and one or more programming languages.
- Knowledge of the applicable coding and software necessary for programming instructions for electronic computers and related equipment;
- Knowledge of the operating characteristics, capabilities and limitations of electronic computers and related equipment;
- Able to communicate effectively, both in oral and written format and able to prepare technical and non-technical reports;
- Able to be polite, tactful and courteous in dealing with the public;
- Able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with department officials and other members of staff.
||28.59 - 33.65 Hourly
||We offer a very competitive salary and benefits package, as well as a great work environment that prides itself on employee satisfaction. Please submit your cover letter, resume, and application form (.pdf or .doc) by Tuesday, June 19, 2012 quoting Competition Number 2012-46 to:
Mona Nowak, Human Resources Coordinator
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax: 604-793-2715
||8550 Young Road
||June 5, 2012 08:30 AM
||June 19, 2012 04:30 PM