|Parking Services Manager
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
August 22, 2012
at 4:30 PM
||12-MGT-19 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||A pioneering role leading a new parking services team—Surrey, B.C.
Building and managing an expanding group of professionals, you will take responsibility for the provision, expansion and management of on- and off-street parking within the City. Committed to providing the highest level of customer service and delivery, you will provide strong and strategic leadership plus the vision needed to grow parking services in a progressive and innovative community.
An exceptional professional with a proven track record in the parking industry or a municipal authority, you have an understanding of sustainable parking and transportation strategies as well as knowledge of accepted business practices and budget development.
||Your work will be varied, ranging from managing and mentoring the new parking section to a high standard of performance to establishing operational, wayfinding and management practices and associated control infrastructure as part of the commission of an 850 stall underground parkade at the new City Hall.
Other important aspects of your work will include:
• developing a long term strategic growth plan and associated policies and practices for an
integrated on- and off-street parking service
• contributing to the development of related parking policies
• managing and expanding street pay parking; developing and recommending parking rates and
appropriate length-of-stay restrictions
• organizing and improving the planning and management of alternate street parking
• overseeing responses to all public service requests associated with parking
• coordinating daily operations
• tracking, analysing and reporting on all aspects of service performance including parking
usage, costs and revenues
• liaising with related City departments (By-Law Enforcement, Finance, Planning and
Development, Parks Recreation and Culture)
• preparing briefings and making recommendations to senior management as well as to Mayor
and Council on a range of parking service policies, management reports, planned initiatives and
information on customer satisfaction.
||A coalition-builder, problem-solver and an expert in fostering collaborative relationships, you have an appropriate professional degree or 2-year technical diploma in engineering, public administration, business, economics or technology. Preferably, you have at least 8 years’ experience in parking operations demonstrating progressive development and increasing responsibility that also includes 3 or more years managing staff. Your practical knowledge includes an understanding of the development of operational and maintenance systems for surface and structured parking. As a leader, you also have the diplomacy and sensitivity to work with a broad range of stakeholders, users and decision makers.
||The City of Surrey is a place of innovative transformation and accelerated growth—where the future is limitless and possibilities are endless. If you are excited about helping to build the city of tomorrow—and you share our values of integrity, service, teamwork, innovation and community—join us, today.
For more information and to apply online, please visit www.surreycareers.ca
||14245 - 56th Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3X 3A2, Canada
||June 22, 2012 08:30 AM
||August 22, 2012 04:30 PM