||City of Abbotsford
This posting closed on
August 24, 2012
at 4:30 PM
||C12-39 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||We are currently offering an exciting opportunity in our Corporate Services Department, for a dynamic, self motivated individual with proven skills and experience working in a fast-paced environment to compliment our IT Applications team. Reporting to the Manager, BTS Application Services the incumbent will work alongside our BTS team at City Hall.
The Applications Analyst role is responsible for determining technology requirements for business processes and user requests, and analyzing and implementing solutions that will support and improve their efficiency. The Application Analyst develops or modifies applications as required to suit business requirements, maintains related documentation and provides user support of applications. The scope of work may cover any aspect of information technology utilized by the City.
As the successful candidate you have:
• Considerable knowledge of information technology, system design methodology and programming techniques;
• Good understanding of the capabilities and limitations of application related hardware and software, and the ability to apply this knowledge to assigned tasks;
• Ability to analyze and evaluate business processes and develop solutions for assigned problems;
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing;
• Good organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines;
• Two-year diploma in Computer Science or equivalent diploma from a recognized educational institution;
• A minimum of three years experience working with programming, systems design and application support.
Technical knowledge and experience in the following is an asset:
• SQL Server and Oracle RDBMS
• SSRS/SSIS, Crystal Reports
• Active Networks CMS
If you are customer service focused, looking for a challenge and an opportunity to make an impact in a fast growing municipality, this is the opportunity for you!
||For more information on this position and to submit a resume and cover letter for consideration,
qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online at:
||August 3, 2012 08:30 AM
||August 24, 2012 04:30 PM
|*Please note that the closing date shown above reflects when this job posting will be removed from this website. This job posting may remain open on the City's website (www.abbotsford.ca/careers) until the position is filled.