|Community Developer (Temporary Full-Time)
||City of Abbotsford
This posting closed on
August 24, 2012
at 4:30 PM
||E12-08 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks, Recreation & Culture
||We are currently offering an exciting temporary full-time opportunity in our Parks, Recreation & Culture Department, for a dynamic, self-motivated professional with proven skills, energy and creativity of a Community Developer. This temporary exempt opportunity is expected to last approximately 12 months, and may be shortened or extended due to operational considerations. Reporting to the Manager of Community Recreation, the incumbent will be responsible for community building through the development and growth of neighbourhood associations.
In this exciting role you will:
• Facilitate in the creation and fostering of strong neighbourhood associations;
• Liaise with the Diversity Coordinator, Abbotsford Police Department, Mayors Crime Task force, Community Associations and other external groups to formulate collective community development goals and objectives;
• Use your superior organizational skills to plan, initiate and monitor programs and events intended to build strong neighbourhoods;
• Demonstrate your strong team building skills to guide staff and community volunteers in achieving community development objectives;
• Exhibit your dynamic facilitation and interpersonal skills to successfully find resolution to neighbourhood concerns;
• Prepare presentations, reports and grant applications that will nurture and enhance new and existing community development programs and initiatives.
You have a University Degree including supplemental management, leadership and marketing courses, plus a minimum of 3 years’ experience in social planning, community development, or recreation. In addition you must be proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and have current CPR Level C and Standard First Aid certificates as well as a valid BC Drivers License.
If you are customer service focused, looking for a challenge and an opportunity to make an impact in a fast growing municipality, this is the opportunity for you!
||For more information on this position and to submit a resume and cover letter for consideration,
qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online at:
||August 3, 2012 08:30 AM
||August 24, 2012 04:30 PM
|*Please note that the closing date shown above reflects when this job posting will be removed from this website. This job posting may remain open on the City's website (www.abbotsford.ca/careers) until the position is filled.