|Communications & Marketing Assistant
||City of Abbotsford
This posting closed on
August 31, 2012
at 4:30 PM
||E12-09 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Corporate Communications and Marketing
||We are currently offering an exciting opportunity in our Corporate Communications and Marketing department, for a dynamic, self-motivated professional with proven skills, knowledge and abilities as a Communications & Marketing Assistant. Acting under the direction of the Director, Communications, Marketing & Strategic Planning, the Assistant provides support to the Communications & Marketing department, including coordination of a wide variety of marketing and communications functions. This position also supports the planning and execution of all internal and external communications and marketing materials produced within the City of Abbotsford.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Using Adobe Creative Suite software creates variety of promotional materials including brochures, posters, information booklets, flyers and pamphlets;
• Drafts advertising copy, media releases, bulletins and advisories, grant and award applications and council reports;
• Updates content on the City website, city staff Intranet, the Abbotsford International Airport website, the City in the Country website and all social media channels;
• Coordinates and supports city wide special events, such as Airshow Chalet, Canada Day, Airport Trade Shows, Media conferences;
• Receives media inquiries and coordinates responses and interviews;
• Provides support for film production, responds to location inquiries and liaises with senior department staff, Police, Fire and Engineering for film shoots;
• Acts as point of contact for internal and external communications mediums such as the City Page, Internal Staff newsletter, and Intranet;
• Drafts communications materials and services for internal and external customers as required.
As the successful candidate you have a Grade 12 diploma or equivalent, supplemented by a one or two year business Communications and/or Marketing diploma or certificate from a recognized education institution, and a minimum of two years’ experience in direct operations of a communications function, preferably in local government. You must also have a solid understanding of Adobe Creative Suite software, website administration and HTML, media relations training and excellent oral and written communication skills.
If you are customer service focused, looking for a challenge and an opportunity to make an impact in a fast growing municipality, this is the opportunity for you!
||For more information on this position and to submit a resume and cover letter for consideration, qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online at:
||August 9, 2012 08:30 AM
||August 31, 2012 04:30 PM
|*Please note that the closing date shown above reflects when this job posting will be removed from this website. This job posting may remain open on the City's website (www.abbotsford.ca/careers) until the position is filled.