|MYzone Program Assistant (Auxiliary)
|*Please apply online at www.surreycareers.ca
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
October 13, 2017
at 4:30 PM
MYzone is a popular drop-in program designed to keep children ages 8-12 safe and engaged during the critical hours (3:00pm-6:00pm). The program provides an active and nurturing environment that supports the principles of healthy child development while providing opportunities for civic engagement and leadership skill development. MYzone runs at various locations throughout the city and will commence mid-September, 2017.
• Assisting Program Leader in planning and implementing developmentally appropriate activities;
• Regular communication with program lead, supervisors and parents;
• Ensuring children are safe and engaged;
• Attending scheduled team meetings and monitory training.
Please include in resume your availability for weekdays from 3:00pm-6:15pm to the best of your knowledge at this time.
The successful applicant will have experience in working with school aged children in a recreation setting as well as good communication and organizational skills. In addition, they will have the ability to be flexible as candidates may be required to travel between multiple program sites.
• Experience working with school aged children;
• Completion of grade 12 supplemented by 1 year of related work experience or equivalent;
• Current First Aid and CPR Certification;
• High Five Certification (or willingness to acquire);
• Food Safe Certification (asset).
• If you’re interested in this opportunity, please apply at Surrey.ca.
• This posting will remain on our career page until the Employment Specialist determines there is a competitive candidate pool.
||13450 104 Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3T 1V8, Canada
||September 22, 2017 08:30 AM
||October 13, 2017 04:30 PM