|Foreman, Trades Mechanic
||City of White Rock
This posting closed on
December 7, 2017
at 4:30 PM
||2017-63 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Engineering & Operations
||The City of White Rock is a unique, ocean-side community of 20,000 citizens known for its sunny weather, expansive beach, historic pier, delightful restaurants, and sense of community. The City is located half an hour south of Vancouver on the shore of Semiahmoo Bay.
||The Engineering & Municipal Operations Department seeks an experienced, motivated and customer-focused individual to direct and coordinate the operations of the City’s Garage division. Reporting to the Manager, Public Works, the Foreman, Trades Mechanic is a working foreman who oversees a fleet of 88 municipal vehicles and a variety of small equipment and supervises the work of one other mechanic. The Foreman, Trades Mechanic develops and maintains a preventative maintenance and repair program for City equipment and vehicles, liaises with City Departments to determine on-going servicing, maintenance and acquisition needs, and annually prepares a preliminary garage budget and monitors same. The ideal individual for this position has prior experience in garage administration and related safety management, possesses excellent interpersonal skills, and has a career history that demonstrates a strong commitment to continuous service improvement and innovation.
||• Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by a recognized mechanic trade apprenticeship, plus extensive journeyman mechanic experience supported by administrative, supervisory, and safety management experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience;
• Inter-provincial trades qualification as a Commercial Transport Mechanic and/or a Heavy-Duty Mechanic and Commercial Vehicle Inspection certification;
||• Ability to perform a variety of skilled mechanical and related tasks in the overhaul, repair, maintenance, and adjustment of a variety of automotive, small and heavy duty equipment and vehicles;
• Ability to assign, review and participate in the day to day work of staff engaged in fleet maintenance services, and to provide work direction and guidance to same;
• Ability to prepare and maintain garage operational records, reports and inventories and assist and provide recommendation on acquisitions including preparing tenders and in determining the selection of vendor;
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of groups, including Departmental customers, suppliers and contractors;
• Ability to make discretionary decisions, take initiative and exercise independent thought and good judgement;
• Ability to work well with others in a team environment;
• Ability to perform a variety of welding tasks related to the work performed;
• Proficiency in the use of computer software including Microsoft Office;
• Possess and maintain a valid Class 3 driver’s license with air brake endorsement with a safe driving record.
||The annual three-step salary range of this unionized position is $82,667 - $87,426 (2018 rates) with comprehensive benefits offered, including Municipal Pension Plan.
||If your experience and education have prepared you for success in this role and you are committed to working in a manner that supports a respectful, healthy, and safe environment, we invite you to apply. Please submit a cover letter and resume.
We thank all interested candidates; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 4:30 p.m., Thursday, December 7, 2017
Submit Your Application: Apply online at www.whiterockcity.ca/careers
Recruitment Reference: 2017-63
||City of White Rock
15322 Buena Vista Ave
White Rock, BC V4B 1Y6
||November 24, 2017 08:30 AM
||December 7, 2017 04:30 PM
|Attachments for Foreman, Trades Mechanic
||2017-63 Job Posting