|2017 Summer Labourers (Temporary)
|*If you are interested in this opportunity please apply at SurreyCareers.ca to Job ID 1827. Posting will remain online until the position is filled.
||City of Surrey
||1827 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Gain valuable public works experience while doing meaningful work that impacts the community this summer! We’re looking for motivated and hardworking labourers to join our Engineering Operations team and support works in the following areas:
• Water Operations
• Street Operations
• Sanitary Sewer, Construction and Drainage
• Solid Waste
• Pumps and Controls
• Fleet and Garage
||Our Summer Labourers will be:
• Working on a variety of projects and tasks under the supervision of senior staff throughout Surrey;
• Working closely with other team members, they’ll need to use sound judgement and critical problem solving skill to come up with solutions in the field;
• Interacting with the public, handling questions and complaints in a tactful and professional manner.
||Successful candidates will also meet the following requirements:
• Completed grade 12 or equivalent;
• Relevant experience and training;
• A valid and unrestricted driver’s license with a safe driving record.
||You, as successful candidates:
• Are reliable and dedicated individuals who share the City’s values of Community, Innovation, Integrity, Service, and Teamwork;
• Are strong team players with effective communication skills;
• Have good judgement and critical thinking skills;
• Are customer focused and can effectively deal with the public in a professional manner;
• Are conscious about safety and ensuring a safe work environment for you and your colleagues;
• It’s an asset if you have experience performing general labour in a public works, maintenance and/or a construction environment. Training and/or courses in public works (e.g. Municipal Plan Reading) are an asset too.
||Help us build a world-class city this summer. Gain valuable experience, learn new skills, and grow your career while doing meaningful work that will directly impact our communities. Learn more about our summer recruitment.
||14245 - 56th Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3X 3A2, Canada
||December 1, 2017 08:30 AM
||January 31, 2018 04:30 PM