|Lifegaurd Instructor/Level 1 & Lifeguard Instructor Spring 2018 (Auxiliary)
|*Please apply online at www.surrey.ca/careers
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
December 22, 2017
at 4:30 PM
||The City of Surrey’s Recreation Division aims to build healthy communities where all people are active and engaged for life. As part of that commitment, we’re looking for Lifeguards to help ensure our visitors can enjoy our facilities in a safe and comfortable environment.
Our Lifeguards supervise the safety of swimmers in our facilities and provide exceptional customer service, high-quality learn-to-swim instruction and fun and interactive public swim programming.
We are looking for responsible individuals who lead by example and:
• Are safety and customer focused
• Value diversity and inclusion
• Thrive in a team environment
• Are motivated and adaptable
• Are committed to continuous learning, and
• Demonstrate initiative and integrity
As a Lifeguard Instructor 1 or Lifeguard Instructor, you will:
• Teach high-quality swim lesson programs for all ages
• Provide safety supervision for all swimmers
• Engage with a diverse client base to provide exceptional service
• Provide a clean and safe swimming environment, and;
In the Lifeguard Instructor position, you will also perform water tests to ensure adequate water quality and will occasionally work with Chlorine and other chemicals related to pool operations.
Both positions require:
• Evening and Weekend availability
• Formal Lifeguard, Instructor, and First Aid training
• Current certificate as a Water Safety Instructor
• Current National Lifeguard Service – Pool Option Certificate
• Current Emergency First Aid and C.P.R. “C” with Auto External Defibrillation (must have been completed within one year)
Candidates must successfully complete a rigorous screening process; including physical standards, first aid, lifeguard standards and water safety instructing skills.
The Lifeguard Instructor position requires related lifeguarding experience
Please note: Successful applicants must have valid certificates. C.P.R. “C” with AED must be current within one year. Please ensure your certifications are valid before applying. Certifications must be uploaded with the application.
To meet operational needs, the successful candidates may be placed at any of the City of Surrey's Indoor Pools
Applicants must be available for the first skill screen on January 18th and for the second screening on either January 28th or 31st.
Individuals will be required to complete a Police Information Check.
||December 15, 2017 08:30 AM
||December 22, 2017 04:30 PM