|Time-Durated Labourer 1 (2 positions)
|*One position is for the time period of March 15 - September 15, 2018 and the other for the time period of April 15 -October 15, 2018.
||Village of Harrison Hot Springs
This posting closed on
March 5, 2018
at 4:30 PM
||The Village of Harrison Hot Springs is seeking 2 full time time-durated Labourers with the Public Works Department.
Under the direct supervision of the Public Works Foreman, the labourer in this position shall be responsible for a variety of manual tasks and duties. These tasks and duties are typically physical in nature and may require the use of small tools and equipment.
||• Clearing weeds/brush from roadways, culverts, ditches and other public properties
• Weeding and grass cutting/mowing
• Crack and pothole filling
• Solid waste, recycling and litter pickup
• Sweeping and cleaning
• Cleaning of Village facilities
• Unloading and moving of supplies
• Replacing/installing road and traffic signs
• Painting of Village facilities and property
• Assist in the installation/repair of water lines, sewer lines, storm lines, manholes, hydrants, catch basins, valves and all appurtenances
• Other related duties as assigned
||• Minimum Grade 12 education and minimum 6 months related experience
||• Must be physically fit and comfortable working outside in any weather conditions
• Valid BC Class 5 Driver’s License
• Able to operate chain saws, weed eaters, lawn mowing equipment, light trucks, jack hammers, saws, compactors and other related tools and equipment
• Promotes safety in the workplace
• Working knowledge of OH & S, WHMIS, and Worksafe BC regulations and procedures
• Good interpersonal skills in order to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with other members of staff
• Polite, tactful and courteous while dealing with the public
• Good health and sufficient strength, stamina and coordination to carry out associated duties in all weather conditions
• Able to understand and effectively carry out verbal and written instructions in English
• The assignments and responsibilities are performed under direct supervision in accordance with established routines and performance and are subject to review, inspection and evaluation by the Public Works Foreman or any other person acting in this capacity.
||Current wage rate is $26.41 (2016) with 10.6% in lieu of benefits.
||Hours of work will consist of 37.5 hours per week with occasional overtime and flexible hours, as required. These positions will be required to work shifts on Saturdays and/or Sundays.
||495 Hot Springs Road, Box 160
Harrison Hot Springs BC V0M 1K0
||February 19, 2018 08:30 AM
||March 5, 2018 04:30 PM