|Program Leader - Children's Programs
|* If your experience and education have prepared you for success and you are committed to working in a manner that supports a respectful, healthy, and safe environment, we invite you to apply. Please submit a cover letter, resume, your current driver’s abstract, and a copy of your first aid certification.
||City of White Rock
This posting closed on
March 12, 2018
at 4:30 PM
||2018-13 (Please quote Job ID when applying) (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Recreation & Culture
||The City of White Rock is a unique, ocean-side community of 20,000 citizens known for its sunny weather, expansive beach, historic pier, delightful restaurants, and sense of community. The City is located half an hour south of Vancouver on the shore of Semiahmoo Bay.
||The Recreation & Culture Department seeks two (2) creative and organized students to supplement their regular staff during the summer months. Responsibilities include assisting a Recreation Programmer in planning, scheduling, implementing, and leading a 6-week summer day camp program for 6-9 year-olds and a 3-day leadership training program for summer day camp volunteers. Program Leaders will also assist in promoting interest and participation in program activities through various media and community groups. Tasks will broaden both experience and knowledge in planning, organization, and interpersonal skills related to programs for children and youth in a social and recreational setting. Evening and weekend work may be required.
||• Completion of Grade 12 complemented by some related experience, preferably in municipal recreational work and some supervisory experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience;
o Consideration for preferred post-secondary studies in the areas of recreation, leisure, education or in related disciplines;
• High Five Certification including The Principles of Healthy Child Development;
• Current first aid and Bronze Cross certifications by appointment’s start date;
||• Working knowledge of organized community recreation principles and practices including the safe and proper use of equipment and facilities;
• Ability to plan, schedule, implement and lead assigned recreational programs and provide guidance and assistance to volunteers regarding instructional duties and safe and proper use of equipment and facilities;
• Proficiency with standard office equipment and computer software including Microsoft Office programs;
• Sound knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation and arithmetic;
• Ability to develop, draft and maintain various types of promotional materials and publications with creativity, detail and accuracy and ability to prepare and maintain files, records, reports and related material;
• Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and active listening and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, volunteers, program participants and the public, and to make a positive contribution to a team environment;
• Ability to provide outstanding customer service balanced with the application of best practices and organizational policies;
• Ability to prioritize work load and manage concurrent projects, to work independently, to perform tasks under periodic work pressure, and to exercise initiative and make decisions in accordance with applicable rules, regulations and policies;
• Availability to work on days, evenings, and/or weekends;
• Possess and maintain a valid Class 5 BC driver’s license (Class 4 is considered an asset) with a demonstrated safe driving record by the appointment’s start date (please visit www.icbc.com for criteria regarding licensing);
• Applicants under consideration will be required to consent to a Police Information and Vulnerable Sector Checks.
||The hourly wage for this unionized position is $21.24 (2018 rates) with select benefits offered.
||The expected duration of this appointment is approximately ten (10) weeks, beginning in early June 2018.
The City has applied for the Canada Summer Jobs grant and if approved, applicants must meet the grant criteria. Review the Government of Canada Canada Summer Jobs Website for detailed information about the program.
||City of White Rock
15322 Buena Vista Ave
White Rock, BC V4B 1Y6
||March 1, 2018 08:30 AM
||March 12, 2018 04:30 PM
|Attachments for Program Leader - Children's Programs
||2018-13 Job Posting