|Occupational Health and Safety Coordinator
||City of Surrey
||2150 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Reporting to the Manager, Occupational Health & Safety, the Occupational Health and Safety Coordinator will support safe work practices at the City of Surrey through the administration and implementation of Occupational Health and Safety policies, programs and procedures. In this role, you will work with a diverse group of stakeholders to achieve OHS success by supporting a workplace where every employee returns home safely at the end of the work day.
||• Supports City departments in compliance with safety policies, programs and procedures
• Assists with safety inspections, investigations and risk assessments
• Coordinates and tracks safety training and assists with developing training materials
• Coordinates the collection and reporting of safety data throughout the City
• Provides administrative support in the recording and management of OHS incidents, WSBC claims and OHS documentation
• Develops and maintains OHS databases and related analytical tools
• Ensures accurate completion and submission of WSBC claim data, WSBC Form 7’s and post-incident investigation reports
• Ensures plans for corrective action are followed-up and enters data for both WSBC and City of Surrey safety inspections
• Prepares reports and minutes for safety meetings
• Manages OHS content on the intranet
• Performs other job related duties.
||• Successful completion of a Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or a related field
• A minimum of 3 years of related work experience
• Knowledge of the Workers’ Compensation Act and claims management
• Strong administrative skills including attention to detail and accuracy of work
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage a high workload and tight timeframes when required
• Proficiency in MS Office (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Tact and discretion in handling restricted and sensitive information
• Alignment with the City’s values of Community, Service, Integrity, Innovation and Teamwork.
||A Police Information Check is required for this position.
||Please apply directly on the City of Surrey website: www.surreycareers.ca
||13450 - 104th Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3X 3A2, Canada
||May 2, 2018 08:30 AM
||June 2, 2018 04:30 PM