|Strategic Research Policy Advisor
||City of Surrey
||The Strategic Research and Policy Advisor reports to the Manager, Strategic Management and Performance and is accountable for leading the detachment strategic framework planning and implementation process. This position is also responsible for supporting continuous improvement efforts through research and evaluation of current programs and services, and best practices in law enforcement. This position requires an individual that is innovative, inclusive, transparent and collaborative, with strong ethics and values.
|| As the Strategic Research and Policy Advisor, you will:
• Develop, facilitate and support strategic planning processes and mechanisms for performance reporting and accountability;
• Ensure the alignment of the Surrey RCMP strategic planning efforts with City of Surrey and RCMP strategic plans and processes;
• Support senior management with strategic research and policy advice on operational, organizational and/or community issues as they relate to the development of strategic plans, priorities and service delivery models;
• Conduct environmental scans and benchmarking relating to business planning;
• Prepare statistical reports and conduct and/or coordinate other operational research and survey activities in support of performance monitoring, management decision making and organizational change;
• Compile corporate reports, briefs, presentations, and other strategic resource materials and communications to clients, partners, and other stakeholders related to strategic research, planning and/or performance;
• Support a variety of internal management processes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Surrey RCMP service delivery model, programs and services;
• Align section objectives with that of the RCMP, City of Surrey and external clients;
• Participate in and contribute towards Detachment initiatives and special projects;
• Liaise with RCMP and other City departments on corporate objectives and strategic initiatives and participate on inter-departmental working groups and committees.
||As the successful candidate, you will:
• Completed post-secondary education at the university level in the areas of Public or Business Administration, Social Sciences, Criminology, or other related program.
• Have a minimum of five years’ experience and practice in strategic planning, research and analysis. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
• Have comprehensive knowledge of pertinent legislation and City bylaws and policies.
||Please apply directly on our website: www.surreycareers.ca
||13450 - 104th Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3X 3A2, Canada
||May 2, 2018 08:30 AM
||June 2, 2018 04:30 PM