|Occupational Health and Safety Specialist
||City of Surrey
||2022 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Reporting to the Manager, Occupational Health & Safety, you are accountable for supporting and contributing to the ongoing development, implementation, coordination and administration of the City’s Occupational Health and Safety Programs, while building strong relationships with your key client groups.
||• Areas of focus include leading accident/incident investigations
• Supporting emergency response protocols
• Enabling workplace safety compliance through the development of OHS policies/protocols
• Conducting risk assessments/safety inspections
• Developing safe work procedures
• Delivering safety coaching and developing/coordinating OHS training
• You will be responsible for leading an area of OHS expertise
• Other job related duties.
||• The successful candidate has a post–secondary diploma, related degree, or certificate in Occupational Health and/or Safety or a related field.
• A safety-related professional designation (CRSP) is an asset.
• 5-7 years of related experience, preferably in a unionized municipal environment.
• Knowledge of the Workers’ Compensation Act, and WorkSafeBC OHS Regulations.
• Proven experience with accident investigation techniques, WorkSafeBC claims management, workplace inspections, and occupational hygiene testing.
• Experience with designing/implementing safety initiatives and delivering safety training to diverse work groups.
• Excellent track record with to providing advice and support to managers, supervisors, employees and Health & Safety committee representatives.
• An alignment with City of Surrey Values – Community, Integrity, Teamwork, Innovation, Service.
||You will work with a diverse group of stakeholders to achieve OHS success by supporting a workplace where every employee returns home safely at the end of the work day. Your work is conducted both in office and field conditions.
||In addition, you bring excellent communication skills (verbal and written), effective time management skills, as well as strong computer skills. You are passionate about workplace safety and understand how human resources can be leveraged to achieve broader organizational goals. It is important that you are open to the challenges of working in a fast pace environment, and are seeking to influence and build consensus, while building sustainable OHS skills in others.
||14245 - 56th Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3X 3A2, Canada
||May 2, 2018 08:30 AM
||June 2, 2018 04:30 PM