|Planner 2 – Current Planning (Term – Up to 18 Months)
||City of Surrey
||2140 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Planning and Development
||As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation.
City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey.
The Planning & Development Department has a regular full time opportunity for a Planner 2 position in the Current Planning Division of the Planning and Development Department.
Reporting to the Current Planning Manager, this is an intermediate level professional planner position with a fair level of experience and expertise to undertake a wide range of planning assignments with some responsibility to supervise Junior Planners.
||As a key member of the team you will be involved with:
• preparing, researching and providing analysis on a wide range of planning issues;
• reviewing land development applications and enquiries;
• responding to enquiries from Council and the public;
• preparing comprehensive reports to Council and preparing correspondence to the public;
• other duties include conducting site inspections, preparing minor text amendments to the Zoning By-law and researching and analyzing specific planning issues.
||Applicants under consideration will have:
• Completed a Degree in Planning in a related discipline with supplementary courses recognized by the Canadian Institute of Planners as fulfilling the requirement for membership and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the planning profession.
• Completion of relevant Master’s Degree and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the planning profession.
• A valid and unrestricted driver’s license is required.
• Directly related experience with a municipality or other public sector organization is considered a strong asset.
• Membership in the Canadian Institute of Planners is an asset.
||Please apply directly on our website: www.surreycareers.ca
||13450 - 104th Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3X 3A2, Canada
||May 15, 2018 08:30 AM
||June 15, 2018 04:30 PM