|Planner 1 - Current Planning (Term - Up to 18 Months)
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
June 15, 2018
at 4:30 PM
||2142 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Planning and Development
||As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation.
City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey.
Reporting directly to the Current Planning Manager, this is a professional position requiring experience and expertise to undertake a variety of planning assignments.
||• You will use your knowledge and expertise of the land development application process in reviewing applications and providing guidance to applicants.
• You are able to conduct research and provide analysis on a wide range of planning subjects with minimal supervision.
• Your ability to communicate and present to stakeholders at all levels will be essential as you liaise with individuals at all levels.
• You have professional writing skills and will correspond with members of the public, senior management, and other stakeholders in the development application process.
• Other duties include conducting site inspections, preparing minor text amendments to the Zoning Bylaw and researching and analyzing specific planning issues.
||Applicants under consideration will possess the following minimum qualifications:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Planning or in a related discipline with supplementary courses recognized by the Canadian Institute of Planners as fulfilling the requirement for membership.
• Two (2) years’ experience in the planning profession after a Master’s Degree or four years’ experience in the planning profession after a Bachelor’s Degree.
• Membership in the Canadian Institute of Planners is an asset.
||Please apply directly on our website: www.surreycareers.ca
||14245 - 56th Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3X 3A2, Canada
||May 15, 2018 08:30 AM
||June 15, 2018 04:30 PM