|Urban Design Planner (Planner 2)
||City of Surrey
||2200 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Planning and Development
||s one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation.
City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey
We are looking to add to our team of passionate, knowledgeable, and innovative multidisciplinary professionals an Urban Design Planner, who will play a key role on Urban Design matters. If you are interested in a career that offers challenge and opportunities, we encourage you to keep reading.
This role will be positioned in our Current Planning North Division and will work closely with our team on a number of high profile developments including the Light Rail Transit (SNG-LRT) project as well as high-density, high-rise mixed-use projects in the City Centre area.
||• Using your knowledge of Urban Design you will work closely with the City Architect and attend the Advisory Design Panel and lend your expertise to a variety of developments including, but not limited to, town centre development, commercial and mixed use development, industrial and business parks, cultural districts, and large scale multifamily residential projects.
• You embrace new opportunities for growth and thrive working within a multidisciplinary team environment.
• Your excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer relationship management skills will be critical as you engage with many stakeholders, including Developers, Architects, Consultants, internal staff, external organizations and agencies and the public.
• Your exceptional organizational skills will aid you in reviewing multiple design-related applications with ambitious timelines.
• Your urban design and experience will greatly aid you in undertaking studies and developing policies/guidelines on design and other planning related issues.
||• A Degree in Planning, Urban Design or related discipline and five (5) years’ experience in the urban design profession. OR
• A Master’s Degree in Planning, Urban Design or related discipline and three (3) years’ experience in the urban design profession.
• Membership in the Canadian Institute of Planners.
• Directly related urban design experience in a public sector development application process is considered a strong asset.
||Please apply directly on our website: www.surreycareers.ca
||13450 - 104th Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3X 3A2, Canada
||May 15, 2018 08:30 AM
||June 22, 2018 04:30 PM