|Engineering Assistant 2, Road Safety
||City of Surrey
||1920 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Are you looking for a job that has tremendous opportunity for growth and that will make a direct contribution to road safety in the community? We are currently hiring for an Engineering Assistant who will play an important role within our Road Safety Team in helping Surrey to achieve its Vision Zero Safe Mobility Plan objectives. Reporting to the Road Safety Manager, the Engineering Assistant 2 is an intermediate level position that performs complex technical work in researching, analysing and recommending solutions to maintain and improve road safety throughout the City.
• You are able to build and maintain effective working relations with both internal and external stakeholders, such as the RCMP, ICBC, and the Ministry of Transportation.
• Your research and analytical skills and knowledge of road safety and engineering best practices will be critical as you produce reports and make recommendations with regards to road safety improvements.
• You have the ability to communicate effectively to both in writing and orally to Engineering staff, members of the public and partners in road safety.
• You embrace our City Values of Integrity, Service, Community, Innovation, and Teamwork in all aspects of your work.
• Completed a diploma in Civil Engineering Technology and exposure to relevant engineering work. OR
• Completion of a Civil Engineering certificate supplemented by a minimum of 3 years engineering experience with a demonstrated record of technical knowledge, skills and ability or an equivalent combination of related training and experience
• A valid and unrestricted driver’s license.
||The successful incumbent will have:
• Direct engineering experience recommending and implementing road safety practices.
• In-depth knowledge and expertise of best practices in road safety
• The ability to clearly communicate both orally and in writing
• Ability to work with internal and external stakeholders
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment and assist in responding to community concerns relating to road safety.
• The ability to maintain confidentiality is essential for this position.
||Please apply online to www.surreycareers.ca
||June 1, 2018 08:30 AM
||June 23, 2018 04:30 PM