|Supply Services Support - Operations
||City of Abbotsford
This posting closed on
July 17, 2018
at 4:30 PM
||18-146 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Finance & Corporate Services
||At the City of Abbotsford our people are our greatest asset. We offer a wide range of diverse, stimulating and rewarding career opportunities that support and recognize high levels of performance. In Abbotsford, we work strongly to create a challenging yet rewarding environment for our employees to thrive. We invite you to become part of a place that has strong corporate and organizational values, rewarding career paths, challenging opportunities and an engaging and dynamic team to work with.
Be part of the story. Join our team today.
The City of Abbotsford currently has an exciting opportunity for a Supply Services Support- Operations role.
This position will provide support to the Supply Services/Stores staff in the shipping and receiving of goods, stocking of shelves, maintaining inventory records, issuance of material and purchasing of goods according to well defined procedures. This is manual and routine stores work of distribution of material to all City departments, loading and unloading of heavy material by forklift as well as general yard duties.
If you are a team-oriented individual with demonstrated experience in warehousing, stores and/or distribution- we’d like to hear from you!
In order to be considered for this position, you must have:
• Completion of Grade 12; plus courses that are equivalent to two of the following Supply Management Training modules offered by the Supply Chain Management Association and APICS
o Basics of Supply Chain Management
o SMT Procurement
o SMT Logistics
o SMT Operations Management
o SMT Transportation
• A minimum of one year experience working in a supply services support role using a variety of software applications, including Microsoft Office and warehouse and inventory management systems; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Six months experience operating a forklift;
• Valid Class 5 B.C. Driver's Licence;
• Worksafe BC Forklift Certification.
This position is unionized, CUPE Local 774, and the hourly rate of pay is from $21.98 to $25.86 per hour.
The closing date for this posting is July 17, 2018.
If you are looking for a challenge and an opportunity to make an impact in a fast growing municipality, we want to hear from you!
||July 3, 2018 08:30 AM
||July 17, 2018 04:30 PM