||City of White Rock
This posting closed on
August 20, 2018
at 4:30 PM
||2018-39 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||The City of White Rock is a unique, ocean-side community of 20,000 citizens known for its sunny weather, expansive beach, historic pier, delightful restaurants, and sense of community. The City is located half an hour south of Vancouver on the shore of Semiahmoo Bay.
The City of White Rock’s Administration Department seeks an experienced individual focused on specialized communications work in coordinating, preparing and delivering a variety of information materials to promote awareness of municipal programs, services and events, both internally and externally. Reporting to the Manager, Communications and Government Relations, the incumbent develops promotional materials, collects information, participates in the development of marketing and promotional strategies, leads and coordinates assigned projects, oversees and regulates the City’s internal and external websites, and prepares graphic designs in support of marketing and communications objectives. Considerable independence and judgement are exercised in the creative aspects of the work. Unusual problems and policy matters are discussed with a superior who review performance for quality, adherence to standards and accomplishment of desired objectives.
• Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by a degree or diploma communications, marketing, digital media or a related discipline plus sound related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
• Considerable knowledge of the principles, practices, methods, materials and techniques used in the work;
• Considerable knowledge of the standards, rules and policies governing the work;
• Sound knowledge of the communication objectives and practices of the City and sound knowledge of the programs and activities of the City departments and of their communication needs as related to the work performed;
• Sound experience with crisis communication;
• Considerable experience working with senior management assisting with issues management;
• Assist with media inquiries, coordinate media response and create backgrounders, factsheets and speaking points.
• Demonstrated ability to develop, draft and maintain various types of promotional materials, publications, records, files, reports, and correspondence, with ability to design graphics materials using appropriate software with creativity, detail and accuracy;
• Ability to participate in the development of communications strategies and to provide advice on communications matters and ability to lead assigned communications projects;
• Ability to maintain and oversee the City’s internal and external websites;
• Skill in the use of software used in the work including Adobe Creative Suite, social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube), including dashboards such as Hootsuite, and MS Office Suite;
• Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and active listening;
• Ability to work collaboratively with a variety of internal and external clients, including the public and elected officials, and staff at all levels of the organization and ability to provide a variety of factual information and related services in a professional manner; plus ability to work effectively under pressure while dealing with contentious matters and sensitive situations;
• Ability to work collaboratively with others and to make a positive contribution to a team environment;
• Ability to provide outstanding customer service balanced with the application of best practices and organizational policies;
• Ability to prioritize work load and manage concurrent projects, to work independently, to perform tasks under periodic work pressure, and to exercise initiative and make decisions in accordance with applicable rules, regulations and policies;
• Possess a valid BC Class 5 driver’s license with a demonstrated safe driving record.
The annual wage of this unionized position is $57,745-$67,990 salary (2018 rates) with comprehensive benefits offered. If your experience and education have prepared you for success in this role and you are committed to working in a manner that supports a respectful, healthy, and safe environment, we invite you to apply. Please submit your cover letter, resume, for consideration by the application deadline.
Application Deadline: 4:30 p.m., August 20, 2018
Submit your application: Apply online at www.whiterockcity.ca/Jobs
Recruitment Reference: 2018- 39
Thank you for your interest. Only selected applicants will be contacted
||City of White Rock
15322 Buena Vista Ave
White Rock, BC V4B 1Y6
||August 1, 2018 08:30 AM
||August 20, 2018 04:30 PM