|Traffic Management Coordinator
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
September 7, 2018
at 4:30 PM
||2397 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Looking for a great place to work where your contributions are valued and you can help make an immediate difference in a city of vibrant communities? This is an incredible opportunity to work for one of BC's top employers for six consecutive years and to contribute to the exciting evolution of the City of Surrey! As Surrey has continued to grow, we have been giving a greater focus on keeping our City moving with investments in multi-modal transportation projects and giving a strategic focus to the real-time management and operation of our road network. We are ready to make another addition to our Traffic Management Team responsible for coordinating and managing the temporary use of our roads as we look forward to the future which includes construction of Light Rail Transit.
||This is an intermediate technical position which involves working in an office environment and in the field. You will be working in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative and supportive team of five, coordinating temporary traffic management through the application of by-laws, zoning regulations and industry standards and when needed, you will be able to call upon the very latest traffic monitoring, communication and management technologies through our Traffic Management Centre. You will work closely with other engineering sections, city departments, the construction and development industry, government bodies, event organizers and the public to coordinate the use of the road and mitigate traffic related issues resulting from the temporary use of the road.
||• A two (2) year diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution in business, engineering or planning, with one year exposure to work in a related field;
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• A valid BC Driver’s License with a safe driving record is required.
• A Police Information Check will be required.
• The successful candidate must be a strong team player who enjoys working in a high performing environment.
• The ability to exercise independence and judgment within the framework of established guidelines while unusual problems or those requiring a change in policy are discussed within the team before action is taken.
• The ability to make sound evidence-based decisions.
• The ability to effectively plan, prioritize and organize workload thereby meeting project scheduling and delivery requirements.
||• Formulating and reviewing traffic management plans.
• Conducting field inspections to ensure compliance with approved permit conditions.
• Liaising with the public, other departments, senior levels of government, contractors and the development community to coordinate construction and road activities to minimize disruption of traffic and congestion;
• Interpreting and applying departmental regulations and city standards, including those of Land Development, Design and Construction, Utilities and Traffic Management, as well as external requirements;
• Providing direction and guidance to other staff on matters related to the work; and
• Performing other job related duties as required.
||Please apply directly on our website: www.surreycareers.ca
||13450 - 104th Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3X 3A2, Canada
||August 10, 2018 08:30 AM
||September 7, 2018 04:30 PM