|Executive Assistant to the Mayor
||City of Surrey
||2612 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Mayor and Council
||Working directly with Mayor of the City of Surrey, the Executive Assistant is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operation of the Office of the Mayor. In this key role, you will be responsible for a wide range of complex and confidential administrative duties in a dynamic municipal environment.
||The Executive Assistant is responsible for:
• Performing executive administrative functions, including public relations matters on behalf of the Mayor.
• Managing the day-to-day operations of the Office of the Mayor.
• Acting as a liaison between the general public, community organizations and the Mayor.
• Oversight of the Mayor’s calendar in coordination with the Mayor’s Administrative Assistant who has front-line responsibility for the calendar.
• Preparation and review of briefing packages, meeting minutes, strategic plans, communications and related documents.
• Responding to a wide range of inquiries (written, telephone, and in-person) and ensuring appropriate response from City staff.
• Representing the City as part of steering committees and meetings with external agencies.
• Managing positive relationships with the general public, community organizations, Council, City staff, and other stakeholders.
• Oversight of support staff, budget, expenditures and payroll.
• Maintaining office records, files and reports.
• Conducting research and development as required.
• Other job related duties as required.
||The successful candidate will have:
• A Bachelors’ degree in Business Administration or a related field with a minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in an executive assistant role, ideally within a government environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Demonstrated experience with performing detailed administrative duties with minimal direction.
• Ability to work independently, organize workload and set priorities, and to be flexible with fast-changing priorities and deadlines.
• Ability to embrace and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy of work.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships and communications with the general public, staff, and external agencies.
• Ability to apply creative thinking to manage or resolve complex issues.
• Demonstrated ability to act with tact and discretion in managing highly confidential, sensitive or political matters.
• High level of proficiency with MS Office and related office software.
• Alignment with the City of Surrey’s Values of Community, Service, Teamwork, Integrity, and Innovation.
This position requires completion of a Police Information Check and a valid class 5 B.C. Driver’s license.
||The city of Surrey offers a comprehensive benefit package and a competitive salary.
||Please apply online at www.surreycareers.ca to Job ID 2612.
||November 13, 2018 08:30 AM
||January 18, 2019 11:59 PM