|Parks Labourer - Structural Maintenance
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
January 18, 2019
at 4:30 PM
||2643 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks, Recreation and Culture
||Park Facility Operations is looking for temporary full time skilled individuals, working in an active and energetic environment, within the Parks Structures maintenance team. This temporary employment will be from May 1st to September 1st, working 40 hours per week with some possible weekend work.
||- Perform manual and semi-skilled repairs and maintenance to park structures including:
- Exterior stairs
- Wood bridges
- Spectator bleacher systems
- Sport courts and park shelters
- Park shelters and other related infrastructure
- Demonstrate safe work practices.
- Possess excellent teamwork skills and have the ability to communicate effectively, particularly when dealing with the public.
- Have knowledge and skill in the methods and equipment used in maintenance and repair of various park structures.
- Complete heavy physical work in all weather conditions, requiring sufficient physical strength, stamina and coordination.
||- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent.
||- Have a valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License with a safe driving record.
- Have relevant training and experience performing manual labour.
- Hands-on experience with related tools and equipment is preferred.
- Related education and maintenance experience are considered assets.
||Applicants under consideration will be required to consent to a Police Information Check/Vulnerable Sector Check and submittal of a Drivers abstract. Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications. Please apply online @ www.surrey.ca/career to Job ID 2643.
||December 4, 2018 08:30 AM
||January 18, 2019 04:30 PM