|2019 Summer Community Services Assistant 3 - Park Partnerships
||City of Surrey
To apply online, click
||2639 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks, Recreation and Culture
||Surrey’s Park Partnerships team delivers a range of fun and engaging park programs, with a goal of increasing community connections as well as fostering an appreciation of Surrey’s Parks.
This auxiliary position will be from mid-May to end of August. Work schedule will vary and is expected to regularly include evening work twice per week.
||• Plan and deliver Community Picnics throughout the city.
• Recruit, train, and schedule Play Squad volunteers.
• Assist with Park Play program coordination including staff training, program planning and staff supervision
• Assist with various administrative duties, promotion and marketing, providing information to the public, and coordinating events.
||• Completion of Grade 12 and some post-secondary education from a recognize institution.
• Valid Class 5 Driver’s License with a safe driving history.
• Have strong interpersonal, planning and organizational skills; strong leadership ability; effective oral and written communication skills.
• The ability to work independently and in a team setting; and are able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with volunteers, staff and the public.
• Broad understanding and working knowledge of park based programs, their purpose and objectives.
• Previous experience working with children and youth is an asset.
• Current Emergency First Aid and CPR C and AED certificate (or willing to obtain before start date).
• High Five and Fundamental Movement Skills (or other Physical Literacy) certification is an asset.
||14245 - 56th Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3X 3A2, Canada
||December 18, 2018 08:30 AM
||January 20, 2019 11:59 PM