|2019 Summer Day Camp Leaders – Surrey Nature Centre
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
January 20, 2019
at 4:30 PM
||2668 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks, Recreation and Culture
The Surrey Nature Centre (operated by the City of Surrey’s Urban Forestry section) offers nature-based programs and events for schools and the public with the goal of increasing awareness, appreciation and stewardship of Surrey’s urban forest. We are looking for Community Services Assistant 2 – Senior Camp Leaders to help facilitate our Nature Centre Day Camps which run from Monday to Friday from mid-June to August 30th 2019.
Auxiliary – CUPE 402
The Community Services Assistant 2 – Senior Leader will:
• Deliver full-day, nature-themed day camps to children ages 6 – 9 years old.
• Maintain program areas and equipment.
• Follow City of Surrey Policy and Procedures.
• Provide day camp participants with an active, safe and stimulating environment.
• Completion of grade 12.
• Current Occupational First Aid Level One or acceptable equivalent.
• High 5 certification (or willingness to obtain);
• Creative and enthusiastic approach to work and enjoy the chance to be a part of a strong team.
• Previous experience working with children.
• Strong interpersonal skills - the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with program participants, volunteers, staff and the public.
• Knowledge of local flora and fauna (an asset).
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of environmental education and interpretation (an asset).
Accepting Applications - December to January 20, 2019
Reviewing Applications -January
Interviews - February
References & Police Information Checks - March
Extending Offers - March/April
Training Begins - June
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply at Surrey.ca/careers to Job ID 2668. Posting will remain open until January 20, 2019.
||December 19, 2018 08:30 AM
||January 20, 2019 04:30 PM