|2019 Summer Program & Day Camp Leaders - Historic Stewart Farm
|*If you are interested in this opportunity please apply at Surrey.ca/careers to Job ID2671. Posting will remain posted until February 3st, 2019.
||City of Surrey
||2671 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks, Recreation and Culture
||The City of Surrey’s Parks, Recreation and Culture Department provides exciting opportunities and challenges in an active and energetic environment and may be looking for multiple enthusiastic Junior Leaders in the areas of Education, Public Programs and Day Camps at the Historic Stewart Farm.
||The Community Services Assistant 1 - Junior Leaders will be responsible for:
• For delivering public and school programs.
• For leading children in heritage Summer Day Camps.
• Performing heritage demonstrations.
• Assisting with researching crafts, games and educational activities.
• Interpreting local history.
• Assisting with special events.
• Program preparation and delivery.
||• Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by some relevant experience or an equivalent acceptable combination of training and experience is required.
• Current Emergency First Aid and CPR certificates (or willing to obtain prior to start).
• Previous experience working with children and the public, and delivering programs to pre-school and child audiences.
• Experience in a heritage facility setting.
• Students enrolled in Museum Studies, History, Anthropology, Archaeology or Education will be suited to these positions.
• This position is supported by the Canada Summer Jobs program. This position is contingent on Federal Government Grant funding. Successful candidates must meet the criteria set forth by the grant program, including:
o Between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of employment.
o Must be current (January-April 2019) full-time student in a recognized post-secondary program.
o Planning to return to full-time studies in the Fall of 2019.
||This position requires completion of a Police Information Check including a Vulnerable Sector Check.
Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
||14245 - 56th Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3X 3A2, Canada
||December 20, 2018 08:30 AM
||February 3, 2019 04:30 PM