|Lifeguard and Swim Instructor - Spring 2019
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
January 27, 2019
at 4:30 PM
||2678 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks, Recreation and Culture
The City of Surrey’s Recreation Division aims to build healthy communities where all people are active and engaged for life. As part of that commitment, we’re looking for Lifeguards and Swim Instructors to help ensure the community can enjoy our facilities in a safe and comfortable environment.
Click here to see what our lifeguards say about their rewarding career
Our Lifeguards and Swim Instructors supervise the safety of swimmers in our facilities and provide exceptional customer service, high-quality learn-to-swim instruction and fun and interactive public swim programming. We are looking for responsible individuals who lead by example and:
• Are safety and customer focused.
• Value diversity and inclusion.
• Thrive in a team environment.
• Are motivated and adaptable.
• Are committed to continuous learning.
• Demonstrate initiative and integrity.
Union - CUPE Local 402 - Auxiliary
• Develop and Teach high-quality swim lesson programs for all ages.
• Performs lifeguarding functions, according to Provincial and Surrey's guidelines.
• Observe patrons in pool, enforce safety regulations, maintain order in the swimming and desk areas.
• Provide First Aid treatment.
• Engage with a diverse client base to provide exceptional service.
• Provide a clean and safe swimming environment.
• You may be required to perform water tests to ensure adequate water quality and will occasionally work with Chlorine and other chemicals related to pool operations.
• Completion of Grade 12 or currently enrolled in High School.
• Formal Lifeguard and Swim Instructor training.
• Current Certificates in the following:
o Water Safety Instructor
o National Lifeguard Service - Pool Option
o Standard First Aid with CPR C and AED
• Available evenings and Full Weekend availability.
• Candidates must successfully complete a rigorous screening process, including:
o Physical standards
o First aid diagnostic and treatment
o Lifeguard standards
o Water safety instructing skill
||Certificates MUST be VALID at the time of application. Certificates MUST be uploaded at the time of application.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
• This position requires completion of a Police Information Check.
• Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
To meet operational needs, the successful candidates may be placed at any of the City of Surrey's Indoor Pools.
Applicants MUST be available for the first skill screen on October 26th and for the second skill screen on November 7th.
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply at Surrey.ca/careers to Job ID2678. Posting will remain posted until Jan 27, 2019.
||14245 - 56th Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3X 3A2, Canada
||January 4, 2019 08:30 AM
||January 27, 2019 04:30 PM