|Group Fitness Instructors
|*If you are interested in this opportunity please apply at Surrey.ca/careers to Job ID2695. Posting will remain posted until January 27, 2019.
||City of Surrey
||2695 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks, Recreation and Culture
||As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation.
City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey
We are looking for certified Group Fitness Instructors that love fitness, motivating people and are committed to providing great customer service to teach a variety of classes at recreation facilities across the City. We have various positions available teaching a wide range of fitness classes including:
• Group Fitness Instructors – General
• Group Fitness Instructors – Indoor Cycling
• Group Fitness Instructors - TRX
• Group Fitness Instructors - Older Adult
• Group Fitness Instructors – Zumba and Zumba Gold
Instructor - Auxiliary
• You will instruct for all levels and experiences and will be able to motivate and lead large groups – from beginners to long time fitness enthusiast. Additional certification to teach special population such as Older Adult, pre-post-natal and adaptive fitness is an asset.
• All candidates should be self-motivated, skilled at building relationships with clients, have strong and clear communication skills and have a passion for health and wellness.
• These positions may include weekends, weekdays and/or evenings shifts.
• A practical demonstration of teaching skills will be a required component of the screening process.
Our Group Fitness Instructors are required to have the following:
• Proof of Group Fitness certification and currently registered with a recognized organization (BCRPA or CFES).
• Current Emergency First Aid and CPR Level A Certificate.
• In addition to having your group fitness certification and Emergency First Aid/CPR the below instructors are required to have the following in applicable to the position:
o Indoor Cycling: Proof of completion of an Indoor Cycling course/workshop
o TRX: Proof of completion of a TRX Suspension course/workshop
o Older Adult: Older Adult fitness certification
o Zumba: Proof of Zumba fitness certification and Zin registration
o Zumba Gold: Proof of Zumba Gold and Older Adult Fitness certification
Approximate Recruitment Timeline
Accepting Applications January 4 to 27
Reviewing Applications January 28
Demo Dates / Interviewing February 4, 5, 8
References and Police Information Checks February
Extending Employment Offers March
Training Commences March/April
Candidates must successfully complete a practical demonstration of skill. If invited, candidates will have to attend one of the above Demo Dates.
||14245 - 56th Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3X 3A2, Canada
||January 7, 2019 08:30 AM
||January 27, 2019 04:30 PM