|Property Tax and Utility Representative
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
January 31, 2019
at 4:30 PM
||2704 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||The Property Tax & Utility Representative 1 is responsible for clerical, cashiering and customer service duties related to the collection of various municipal revenues at various City locations. The work involves interaction with the public in a high transaction environment. To maintain positive public relations, interpersonal and customer service skills will be important especially at times when circumstances are strained.
||Communicate and interact daily with the public in person; by telephone; or in writing to respond to inquiries or complaints and provide the necessary information based on regulations, policies and procedures while using your public relation skills.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Succeed under the pressure of deadlines within a dynamic environment.
• Have working knowledge of property tax and utility functions, including procedures and policies and have knowledge of relevant Municipal and Provincial legislation, including City of Surrey by-laws.
• Have the ability to work within a team setting and with computer applications.
• Perform billing, data entry and collection of Property Tax and Utility bills and various City payments with accuracy and attention to detail;
• Respond to customer inquiries and provide support in processing of payments using established cash handling procedures
||Completion of grade 12 supplemented by introductory business & accounting courses.
||• Have a minimum of 2 years recent city experience.
• Have knowledge of the activities of other departments and previous cashiering experience is required.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Courses related to customer service and conflict resolution preferred.
• Have Extensive knowledge of financial systems and computer applications are necessary
||Please apply online @ www.surrey.ca/careers to Job ID 2704.
||January 10, 2019 08:30 AM
||January 31, 2019 04:30 PM