|Planner 1 - Current Planning
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
January 30, 2019
at 4:30 PM
||2673 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Planning and Development
||Looking to jump-start your career? As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation. City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey.
We are looking to add to our team of passionate, knowledgeable, and innovative multidisciplinary professionals a Planner, who will play a key role on our Current Planning team. If you are interested in a career that offers challenge and opportunities, we encourage you to keep reading.
This role will be positioned in our North Division and will work closely with our team on several high-profile developments as well as high-density, high-rise mixed-use projects in the City Centre area.
• You will use your knowledge and expertise of the land development application process in reviewing applications and providing guidance to applicants.
• You can conduct research and provide analysis on a wide range of planning subjects with minimal supervision.
• Your ability to communicate and present to stakeholders at all levels will be essential as you liaise with individuals at all levels.
• You have professional writing skills and will correspond with members of the public, senior management, and other stakeholders in the development application process.
• Other duties include conducting site inspections, preparing minor text amendments to the Zoning Bylaw and researching and analyzing specific planning issues.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Planning or in a related discipline with supplementary courses recognized by the Canadian Institute of Planners as fulfilling the requirement for membership and 4 years of professional planning experience. OR
• A Master's Degree in Planning or a related discipline and two (2) years’ professional planning experience.
• Membership in the Canadian Institute of Planners is an asset.
• A valid and unrestricted driver's license is a requirement.
||Please apply directly to job ID 2673 on our website: www.surreycareers.ca
||13450 104th Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3X 3A2, Canada
||January 11, 2019 08:30 AM
||January 30, 2019 04:30 PM