|Community Services Assistant 2 - Program Leader - Surrey Nature Centre
||City of Surrey
To apply online, click
||As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation.
City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey
The Surrey Nature Centre (operated by the City of Surrey’s Urban Forestry section) offers nature-based programs and events for schools and the public with the goal of increasing awareness, appreciation and stewardship of Surrey’s urban forest. This auxiliary position will have varying scheduling needs, which may include weekdays/weekends/evening shifts.
Auxiliary CUPE 402
• Provide excellent customer service and a welcoming atmosphere to visitors.
• Deliver a wide range of environmental education programs for preschools, elementary schools, children, youth and families (including scripted programs, interpretive programs, day camps and events).
• Act as a facility attendant during Facility Rentals.
• Maintain program areas and equipment.
• Orient visitors to the facility and surrounding park.
• Support various environmental education initiatives.
• Completed Grade 12, supplemented by one year of related work experience, or an equivalent acceptable combination of training and experience.
• Current Emergency First Aid with CPR C and AED.
• High 5 certification (or willing to obtain).
• A creative and enthusiastic approach to their work and enjoy the chance to be a part of a strong team.
• A positive attitude.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of local flora and fauna.
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of environmental education and interpretation.
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply at Surrey.ca/careers to Job ID 2706. Posting will remain posted until February 3, 2019
||13450 104 Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3T 1V8, Canada
||January 11, 2019 08:30 AM
||February 3, 2019 04:30 PM