|Recreation Leader - Children's Services (Temporary, Full-time)
||District of Mission
This posting closed on
February 19, 2019
at 12:00 AM
||2019-04 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks, Recreation & Culture Department
||Employees in this position are responsible for coordinating a variety of programming tasks for children’s programs with a focus on after school programs such as Club Kids and holiday day camps. Under the direction of the Program Coordinator, they are responsible for: assisting in the planning, delivery, coordination, marketing, budgeting and evaluation of children’s programs; recruiting instructors; and supervising, coordinating and scheduling instructors in the program.
||Assist supervisor in the planning, delivery, coordination, marketing and evaluation of the children’s programs including the Club Kids program and holiday day camps.
Review and maintain licensing requirements for programs on a regular basis and ensure they are in compliance with ministry standards.
Communicate and work cooperatively with government ministries, community agencies, program staff, and parents.
Review and maintain subsidy requirements for programs on a regular basis.
Under the direction of the program coordinator, supervise, schedule and coordinate work of Instructors and assistants.
Assist supervisor in recruitment of instructors and ensure criminal record checks are completed.
Assist to arrange and/or participate in the training and development of Instructors.
In conjunction with the supervisor, provide verbal and/or written performance feedback and performance assessments of Instructors.
Monitor and assess work performed to ensure that it meets a high standard of quality, efficiency and customer service, and is performed in compliance with appropriate safety regulations.
Participate in the development and implementation of new policies, procedures, and work methodology.
Monitor registration of clients and client attendance.
Maintain a variety of records.
Review Instructor time sheets and forward to supervisor for approval.
Assist supervisor with preparing and monitoring the budget for the program.
||A minimum of Grade 12 and a Certificate in Community Recreation with a focus on children’s services or a recognized academic equivalent such as Child and Youth Care or Social Work, supplemented by a supervisory course.
Minimum of three years’ experience with children’s programs in a recreation environment, combined with experience in program planning, administration, supervision and training of staff; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Valid Occupational First Aid certification
Current CPR certification
Valid BC driver’s license
||• Knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation, such as the Child, Family and Community Service Act, including the duty to report regulations, and BC Child Care Licensing regulations.
• Knowledge of the principles, methods and best practices for working with children.
• Ability to organize and prioritize workload and to meet tight deadlines in a relativity unstructured environment.
• Proven sound judgement, ethical decision making and the ability to stay calm under pressure.
• Ability to organize and prioritize workload in a relativity unstructured environment.
• Ability to assign, check, supervise and evaluate work of instructors.
• Ability to prepare and maintain records related to the position.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a criminal record clearance.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Demonstrated skill in establishing and maintaining respectful relationships and effective partnerships with internal and external customers and to communicate tactfully and effectively.
• Basic word processing and data entry skills.
||$32.44 plus an additional 12.4% in lieu of all benefits following successful completion of the probationary period.
||This temporary position will conclude at the end of August 2020.
||February 1, 2019 08:30 AM
||February 19, 2019 12:00 AM
|*We thank all interested candidates however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.