|Bylaw, Compliance and Enforcement Officer - Special Assignment
||Cultus Lake Park
This posting closed on
March 27, 2019
at 4:30 PM
||(Competition #2019-05) April 15, 2019 to December (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Under the direction of the Manager of Visitor Services, Accommodations, and Bylaw Enforcement, you will work as part of a team responsible for permits and bylaw enforcement throughout Cultus Lake Park.
|| The scope of work for this position includes reviewing permit applications for compliance, and investigating and resolving bylaw complaints.
||• Post-Secondary education in Criminology and/or have completed the Bylaw Enforcement & Investigative Skills Level course (Level 1) as offered by the Justice Institute of B.C., or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
||• Working knowledge of inspectional and investigative work;
• Working knowledge of inspectional and investigative work;
• Must be able to quickly acquire a superior knowledge of the bylaws and regulations of Cultus Lake Park and the applicable sections of the Local Government Act and Community Charter;
• Must be proficient in the latest computer technology and programs;
• Ability to deal diplomatically with the public, using a courteous and tactful, yet firm manner;
• Ability to work effectively alone with minimum supervision, and to work well as part of a small team;
• Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with lease holders, contractors, elected officials and staff;
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, including skills in conflict resolution;
||This is a new position; therefore the wage rate for these Union Special Assignment positions is currently under review
||• Must possess a valid Driver’s Licence;
• Must complete a Criminal Record Check.
||4165 Columbia Valley Hwy
Cultus Lake, B.C. V2R 5B5
||March 7, 2019 08:30 AM
||March 27, 2019 04:30 PM