|Park Technician - Urban Forestry
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
March 25, 2019
at 4:30 PM
||2817 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks, Recreation, and Culture
||The Parks Division has a unique full-time job opportunity for someone who is interested in applying their varied experience and skills to meet the challenges of natural area management. You will work with the City’s Urban Forestry team, managing more than 1600 hectares of forest, shrubland, and grassland.
||• Implement all aspects of natural areas management including, but not limited to, debris and refuse removals, trail maintenance, habitat restoration, native plantings, wildlife management, invasive plant management, and performing tree risk assessments.
• Perform supervisory and technical work in planning, coordinating and supervising the work of crews and contractors.
• Prepare schedules, reports and inspections related to the delivery of Natural Area projects and programs.
• Perform hands on field work in all weather conditions, prepare annual and seasonal work plans for assigned functional responsibility area, based on section goals and objectives.
• Implement and practice safety-related policies, procedures and regulations and perform field-work in accordance with accepted standards, techniques and practices.
• Manage programs and projects within approved budgets.
• Administer contracts for work with the Parks Division.
• Respond to service requests from the public.
• Possess strong computer skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Be physically able to carry out the duties as required.
• Logically and analytically think in problem-solving situations and have superior public relations, interpersonal, communication, organizational, multitasking and leadership skills.
• Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of ecological processes, applicable statutes and regulations, and native flora and fauna in Surrey.
||• Completion of a Diploma program from a recognized post-secondary institution, with a minimum of 3 years related experience, or
• Completion of grade 12 supplemented by a relevant Trades Qualification supplemented by 3 years of related progressive experience, or
• Completion of grade 12 and a related Technical Certificate Program (one-year full time) from a recognized post-secondary institution with additional related academic courses and training supplemented by 4 years of related progressive experience.
An acceptable equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered. You must have a valid B.C. driver’s license with a safe driving history, an Arborist certification (International Society of Arboriculture) and a Pesticide Applicator’s License – both to be obtained before the completion of probation period.
||Please apply online @ www.surrey.ca/careers to Job ID 2817.
||March 11, 2019 08:30 AM
||March 25, 2019 04:30 PM