|Trades Improver 1 Water - Meters
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
March 22, 2019
at 11:59 PM
||2827 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||The City of Surrey’s Engineering Department has a regular full time opportunity for a Trades Improver 1 Water Meters in the Water Operations Section. The Engineering Department is a fast paced environment serving a rapidly growing city of over 575,000 residents. This is an excellent opportunity where you are able to gain valuable experience in a challenging and dynamic work environment.
Reporting to the Water Operations Manager, the Trades Improver 1 positions involving the locating, reading, trouble shooting and other related meter tasks.
• Investigates water meter enquiries and perform repairs when required
• Diagnose problems with commercial and residential water meters and determine the most cost-effective and efficient means of repair
• Uses meter testing equipment and software to diagnose water meter related issues
• Programs meters in the field to City of Surrey’s specifications
• Works with map books, construction as built drawings
• Inspects and maintains meter chambers
• Cleans and secures work area by shoveling and sweeping
• Deals with various chemicals relating to water system
• Responds to trouble calls and inquiries from the public
• Assists crew members in performing their duties
• Uses various software which include Cityworks, GIS, Excel, Amanda and metering software
• Installs radios on meters; troubleshoot, read and record data
• Operates and maintains property shutoff valves
• Operates water main valves to trouble shoot meter problems
• Other job related duties as assigned.
||Applicants under considerations will meet the following minimum qualifications:
• Completion of Grade 12
• Experience and training in meter maintenance and operations
• Valid B.C. Driver's License with safe driving record as per the City’s policy
This position requires completion of a Police Information Check.
Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
||Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Communicates effectively both orally and in writing
• Knowledge of applicable safety regulations
• Understands and effectively carries out oral and written instructions
• Exercises independence of judgment and initiative in performing the duties of the position
• Understands figures and numbers, reads construction drawings and maps of underground services, utilities, etc.
• Knowledge of Surrey's road system
||Please apply online to www.surreycareers.ca
||March 13, 2019 08:30 AM
||March 22, 2019 11:59 PM