||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
April 19, 2019
at 4:30 PM
||2872 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks, Recreation and Culture
||The City’s Marketing and Communications team is seeking an outgoing, team player to contribute to day to day marketing coordination efforts. The City of Surrey is one of the largest and most diverse communities in Canada and we’re getting bigger. So, as we grow, so do our marketing and communication requirements.
||• Support the marketing coordination and production work for graphic design daily/weekly assignments for City services, programs, campaigns and key initiatives.
• Advise clients on the marketing mix, messaging, tactics and channels.
• Support copy writing/editing for marketing content prior to scheduling for design production including: creative writing, positioning and headline messages, and tailoring copy to target audiences.
• Ensure marketing requests align with City branding, strategic directions, marketing plans, and ranked priorities.
• Coordinate recurring projects such as recreation guides, annual reports, recreation schedules, and City’s digital billboard as placements.
• Support key portfolio work for city business areas as assigned.
• Support media communications needs as required such as drafting media advisories or press releases.
• Support maintenance of communications calendars for corporate initiatives and key campaigns.
• Prepare metrics, analytics and monthly/quarterly reports on communications production work including turnaround times, billing recoveries, project tracking, and work cycles.
• Participate and guide outcomes of weekly production meetings with design team.
• Support internal communications and client relations.
||• Completion of a diploma in a related field.
• Preferred minimum of 3 years’ relevant and related experience.
• Demonstrated written communications abilities.
• Be a strategic thinker, always seeing the big picture while ensuring your approach and messaging is aligned with the City’s overall strategic direction, policies/guidelines, and key objectives.
• Be a great communicator and collaborator with extensive experience in communications, project management and writing.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and thrive at meeting deadlines and adapting to change.
• Ability to write in a plain language, easy to understand, engaging, audience tailored, and in a relevant and in a consistent voice and tone.
• Be a well-rounded marketer and are able to guide projects to stay on target with key audiences, consistent and supporting
strategic marketing objectives.
• Have good judgement, have the ability to prioritize and organize your workload, and are able to work independently within
a team setting.
• Have a natural ability to guide the work of others to keep things on track, and, along the way, develop and maintain strong
working relationships daily within your team and with clients.
||Please apply online @ www.surrey.ca/careers to Job ID 2872.
||April 3, 2019 08:30 AM
||April 19, 2019 04:30 PM