|Plan Review Section Manager
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
April 24, 2019
at 11:59 PM
||2873 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Planning & Development
||one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation. City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city - and their careers - forward. Recognized as a BC Top Employer and one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People, the City of Surrey has created a culture that reflects a desire to work collaboratively with its Council, employees, and all Surrey citizens.
Reporting to the Manager, Building Division, you will lead, manage, and coordinate the work of the Plan Review Section including assignment of work activities, monitoring of workflow, review of plans, enforcement, and permit processing. In this role, you will also provide technical advice and support to ensure compliance with the BC Building Code and other life safety standards to safeguard public safety related to construction, design, quality of material, use and occupancy of developments.
||• Consulting with staff of the Building Division and other departments as necessary regarding specific applications.
• Ensuring close coordination with both internal departments and outside agencies with regard to the building permit application review process.
• Administering the City of Surrey Certified Professional Program, coordination of proposed alternate solutions reports review process and setting up policies and procedures.
• Rolling out client service enhancement initiatives such as but not limited to digital application intake and review, improved on-line service delivery, and expanded pre-application services.
• Leading recruitment, training and development, motivation, retention, coaching, and support of a skilled unionized team.
||• A post-secondary degree in Engineering, Architecture or an acceptable related discipline from a recognized educational institution.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in building code enforcement and building construction.
• Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience, preferably in a unionized workforce.
• Knowledge of practices, principles and procedures of the BC Building Code, the BC Fire Code and other related standards and regulations.
• Knowledge of building construction materials and methods, engineering principles, and their relationship to code enforcement.
• Must have registration (or eligibility for registration) as a Registered Professional with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of BC or the Architectural Institute of BC.
||Please apply online to www.surreycareers.ca
||April 4, 2019 08:00 AM
||April 24, 2019 11:59 PM