|Summer Day Camp Leader (Part-Time) (Time-Duration)-Up to 2 Positions
||Fraser Valley Regional District
||2019-16 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Recreation, Culture and Airpark Services
||We are the third largest regional district in BC and deliver over 100 services to six municipalities and eight electoral areas. Our region covers more than 13,000 km2 stretching from Hatzic Prairie to Boston Bar. We have an exciting opportunity to work at our Recreation Centre located in Hope, BC.
||As a Summer Day Camp Leader at the FVRD, a typical week could see you participating in fun themed activity weeks with the kids, such as Mission Impossible, Got Milk?, Fish Tales, Rock n’ Roll and Shark Week just to name a few. There will be an outing each week that corresponds with the theme, and activities that tie into the weekly theme. During Got Milk? Theme week, there is a trip to the Eco Dairy Farm in Abbotsford for an udderly awesome time, and during Fish Tales week, a trip to the Fraser Valley Trout Hatchery to learn to fish.
It is anticipated that these positions will commence June 10, 2019 and end approximately September 2, 2019. We offer a positive, supportive, team-based work environment with an emphasis on collaboration. If you have a positive, can-do attitude and a keen sense of humour, you will fit right in. If you are a person that genuinely enjoys working with children, and providing them with fun and educational experiences, then you should check us out.
||The preferred candidate will also possess the following additional certifications:
• Preference will be given to applicants who have taken courses in physical literacy, or have equivalent experience leading activities;
• National Coaching Certificate Program certificate or equivalent i.e.; High Five or other Sport for Life program certificate would be considered an asset;
• Valid B.C. Driver’s License.
||• Experience working in a fast paced and dynamic environment, with a minimum of one year prior camp experience;
• Knowledge and experience building relationships with patrons and dealing with behavior management both with children and parents/adults;
• Must be mature, nurturing, and flexible professional who genuinely enjoys working with children and can determine the individual personality and needs of each child and tailor activities to engage them;
• Excellent communication and public relation skills, with the ability to use tact and courtesy in dealing with customers;
• Standard First Aid & AED;
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
||The starting wage rate for this time-duration Union position is $17.45 per hour plus 10.6% in lieu of benefits. Upon successful completion of the required probationary period the wage rate will increase to $19.39 per hour plus 10.6% in lieu of benefits. This is a new position, and therefore the wage rate is currently under review.
||If this opportunity excites you, and you want to contribute to a positive work environment, we want to hear from you. Please submit your resume, along with a cover letter, indicating how you meet the qualifications. Please quote Competition #2019-16 and send, in confidence, by 4:30 p.m. on April 26, 2019, to:
email@example.com or mail to:
Human Resources Department
Fraser Valley Regional District
45950 Cheam Avenue
Chilliwack, BC V2P 1N6
or fax confidentially to: 604-702-5461
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
||45950 Cheam Avenue
||April 9, 2019 08:30 AM
||April 26, 2019 04:30 PM