|Engineering Technologist 1 (up to 6 positions total from 19-U064 and 19-U065) - Temporary Full-Time
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
May 23, 2019
at 4:30 PM
||19-U064 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 128,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a temporary full-time (from approx. June 24, 2019 to approx. June 25, 2021) Engineering Technologist I to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division; Engineering and Construction Services, Roads Operations, and Utilities Operations departments.
Reporting to the Manager, you will be responsible in this unionized position for:
• Conducting field inspections, ensuring all work is performed in accordance with contractual terms and regulations
• Assisting with disputes regarding contract interpretations, construction practices, standards, and methods
• Working on the Township’s infrastructure management system and databases, including work scheduling and work order creation and tracking
• Preparing, reviewing, and maintaining a variety of reports, records and related documents, project schedules and budgets
• Preparing and reviewing technical reports, status updates, correspondence, tender and project specifications
• Ensuring all work is performed in accordance with contractual terms and Township standards
• Reviewing engineering drawings. Reviewing and assisting with preparing procedures, processes, and operational guidelines.
Your education will include graduation from an Institute of Technology with a Diploma in Civil and Structural Technology, including or supplemented by courses in project management, plus sound related experience preferably in a Municipal setting; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. You will have considerable knowledge of the methods, practices, materials, tools and equipment used in construction and installation of municipal infrastructure, bylaws, policies and practices; sound knowledge of engineering mathematics and of municipal engineering plans, specifications, contracts ; and of the fundamentals of budgeting and standard costing procedures; Education and previous experience in surveying would be an asset.
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications / licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• Registration or eligibility for registration as a Graduate Technologist within the province of BC
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) driver’s license or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must upload a current Driver’s Abstract (select the 5 years’ option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date below with your application. To obtain a copy of your Driver’s Abstract, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Copies or pictures of your driver’s license will not be accepted.
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $34.98 - $41.29 per hour (5 steps; 2019 rates), plus 13% in lieu of benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
The closing date for this competition is by 4:30pm, May 23, 2019.
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||May 9, 2019 08:30 AM
||May 23, 2019 04:30 PM