||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
July 9, 2019
at 4:30 PM
||2967 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||The FOI Assistant provides specialized and technical clerical work concerning compliance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA).
||• Receives, reviews, clarifies and confirms all requests for access to information
• Refers requests for routine information to other business areas as required
• Triages formal requests for records to various business areas
• Gathers and organizes records ensuring requests are fulfilled within legislated timelines. Communicates with FOI Advisors to clarify information as required
• Assists with reviewing records ensuring adherence to legislated requirements and ensuring responsibilities to third parties are met
• Prepares records for disclosure which includes drafting correspondence and redacting records.
• Prepares fee estimates and invoices and collects revenues as required
• The FOI Assistant will back up and act for the FOI Analyst in their absence
• Other duties as assigned
||• Grade 12 supplemented by a diploma in a related field and completion of FIPPA courses
||• Minimum of 2 years of related experience with FOI work or an equivalent combination of acceptable training and experience will be considered
• Knowledge of statutory requirements under FIPPA with knowledge of best practices, principles and processes applicable to FOI and privacy in local government. Proficient in interpretation of FIPPA.
• Ability to assist members of the public seeking information about access to records and/or seeking access to their own personal information
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills in conveying information on behalf of the City regarding FIPPA related issues
• Ability to conduct preliminary review of requests to determine if they are routinely releasable or should be formally processed under FIPPA
• Sound analytical and research skills with an ability to exercise resourcefulness in dealing with a variety of situations
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external contacts
• Ability to be self-directed and collaborative
• Ability to maintain and protect the security and confidentiality of requests and records
• Ability to work under pressure while exercising tact and persuasiveness in dealing with contentious matters
• Sound judgement while managing multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
||Please apply online @ www.surrey.ca/careers to Job ID 2967.
||May 28, 2019 08:30 AM
||July 9, 2019 04:30 PM