|Community Services Assistant 5 - Stewardship Programmer
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
June 28, 2019
at 4:30 PM
||2974 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join our Urban Forestry Stewardship team, dedicated to caring for Surrey’s natural environments to meet the needs of our growing communities. We are looking for an innovative and collaborative individual to be our next Stewardship Programmer, to develop and deliver environmental stewardship resources, projects and programs for teachers and schools.
||As a Stewardship Programmer, you will be working varying schedules, including some evenings and weekends, to help increase awareness and appreciation for Surrey’s natural areas and shade trees. You will be responsible for:
• Researching, developing, implementing, delivering and evaluating professional development and curriculum-based educational resources and programming for Surrey schools (primary target audience grades K-7; secondary and preschool audiences will also be considered), related to urban forestry and park stewardship.
• Developing and distributing educational and promotional materials, including but not limited to print materials, website, video and social media.
• Developing and working with committees in the community and schools to develop program opportunities.
• Supervising volunteers and junior staff.
• Assisting with various administrative duties, and performing other duties as required.
||• A degree/diploma in education, environmental studies or a related field from a recognized post-secondary institution, plus 2 years progressively responsible experience (including supervision) in environmental education and/or stewardship
• Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills
• Strong leadership ability, interpersonal and public relations skills
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with partners, staff, volunteers, program participants and the public
• Occupational First Aid Level One (or acceptable equivalent)
• You will be working in parks and events throughout the City, therefore a valid BC driver’s license with a safe driving history is required as well.
||Please apply online @ www.surrey.ca/careers to Job ID 2974.
||June 3, 2019 08:30 AM
||June 28, 2019 04:30 PM