|Afterschool Program Leader
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
July 21, 2019
at 4:30 PM
||MYzone is a popular drop-in program designed to keep children ages 8-12 safe and engaged during the critical hours (3:00pm-5:00pm). The program provides a nurturing environment that supports the principles of healthy child development while providing opportunities for civic engagement and leadership skill development.
MYgame is a drop-in program offered from 5:00pm-6:00pm that is designed to provide children with the opportunity to participate in a multitude of active games and sports or participate in interactive tabletop game play including board games and card games.
JUMPzone is an afterschool program offered in local elementary schools from 2:30pm- 4:30pm to provide an affordable and access engagement opportunity for children grades 4-7. The program includes active play and recreation, homework support, healthy eating, peer mentorship opportunities and more. JUMPzone staff shifts are 2:00pm-5:00pm
MYzone, MYgames, and JUMPzone operate at various locations throughout the city and will commence September 30th, 2019.
||-Ensuring developmentally appropriate activities are planned and implemented
-Regular communication with supervisors, program assists and parents
-Ensuring children are safe and engaged
-Ensuring space is safe and supplies are adequate
-Confirming all program forms are filled completely and correctly
-Attending scheduled team meetings and mandatory trainings
Requirements The successful applicant will have experience in lesson planning as well as good communication and organizational skills. The successful applicant will also have sound knowledge of developmental assets for children and guiding children’s behaviour.
• Experience as an Instructor with school aged children
• Current First Aid and CPR certification
• Food Safe Certification (or willingness to acquire)
• High Five Certification (or willingness to acquire)
• Completion of grade 12 and some post-secondary education from a recognized institution
• 2 years related work experience or equivalent
• Available for a minimum of 3 weekdays per week for MYzone
• Available for a minimum of 3 weekdays per week for MYgames
• Available for a minimum of 2 weekdays per week for JUMPzone
||14245 - 56th Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3X 3A2, Canada
||June 21, 2019 08:30 AM
||July 21, 2019 04:30 PM