|Manager of Information Technology
||Fraser Valley Regional District
This posting closed on
July 19, 2019
at 4:30 PM
||2019-28 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||We are the third largest regional district in BC and deliver over 100 services to six municipalities and eight electoral areas. Our region covers more than 13,000 km2 stretching from the City of Abbotsford to Boston Bar. In short, we have a little bit of everything. If you are looking for variety in your work and the opportunity to make a difference; then you should check us out.
We have an exciting and challenging opportunity for an energetic and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Manager of Information Technology. Reporting to the Director of Financial Services - CFO, the successful candidate will be responsible primarily for the delivery of Geographical Information Systems; and Information Technology, which include Telecommunications, Audio Visual, and Security Systems functions. Additional responsibilities include operational support for the contracted Fire Dispatch Services and the Fraser Valley Regional District’s VHF Fire Dispatch Radio System.
||The ideal candidate will possess:
• A Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent combination of education, knowledge and abilities;
• Preferably a minimum of five years supervisory experience in a local government setting with demonstrated leadership skills and ability to work in a team based environment;
• Experience in dealing with contracted services would be an asset;
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in managing Geographical Information Systems, Information Technology Systems, and resources;
• Ability to administer financial plans and budgets;
• Demonstrated leadership and team building skills; and
• Strong and effective communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, with the ability to deal effectively with elected officials, the public and all levels of staff.
||The salary for this full-time exempt management position is commensurate with experience and is supplemented by a comprehensive benefit package.
||The FVRD offers a great place to work and live with a mix of rural and urban life styles along with an abundance of recreational and cultural opportunities. For more information about the FVRD please visit our website at www.fvrd.ca.
If this opportunity excites you, and you want to contribute to a positive work environment, we want to hear from you. Please submit your resume, along with a cover letter indicating how you meet the qualifications. Please quote Competition #2019-28 and send, in confidence, by 4:30 p.m. on July 19, 2019 to:
email@example.com or mail to:
Fraser Valley Regional District
Human Resources Department
45950 Cheam Avenue
Chilliwack, BC V2P 1N6
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those short listed for interviews will be contacted
||45950 Cheam Avenue
||June 26, 2019 08:30 AM
||July 19, 2019 04:30 PM