|Manager of Human Resources and Safety Services
||Fraser Valley Regional District
This posting closed on
July 19, 2019
at 4:30 PM
||#2019-29 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||We are the third largest regional district in BC and deliver over 100 services to six municipalities and eight electoral areas. Our region covers more than 13,000 km2 stretching from the City of Abbotsford to Boston Bar. In short, we have a little bit of everything. If you have a passion for working with people and providing excellent customer service, than you should check us out.
We have an exciting and challenging opportunity for an energetic and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Manager of Human Resources and Safety Services. Reporting to the Director of Corporate Affairs the successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of the Human Resources function which include policy and procedure development; recruitment process for both unionized and exempt positions; benefits administration; corporate training; labour relations; collective bargaining; collective agreement administration; job evaluation and classification; wage and salary administration; disability management; and the Occupational Health and Safety Program. Working in a fast paced dynamic and changing environment your strong analytical and problem solving skills will be an asset.
We offer a positive, supportive, team-based work environment with an emphasis on collaboration. We believe in lifelong learning and are committed to providing and supporting training and professional development opportunities for our staff. If you have a positive, can-do attitude and a keen sense of humour, you will fit right in.
||The ideal candidate will possess:
• Post-Secondary education in Human Resources Management, Public Administration, Business Administration or related discipline or an equivalent combination of related training and experience;
• Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) designation;
• A minimum of five (5) years of progressive Human Resources experience preferably in a local government setting; and strong leadership skills with a hands-on, leads by example approach;
• Working knowledge of all legislation and regulatory regimes which are applicable to this position;
• Excellent computer skills, with a high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, and the ability to learn new software quickly;
• Excellent written communications skills which include the ability to write clearly, and concisely;
• A high degree of integrity, diplomacy, discretion and confidentiality;
• Demonstrated ability to handle a complex and varied workload in a flexible manner, often under pressure and;
• Strong management and organizational skills.
||The salary for this full-time exempt position is commensurate with experience and is supplemented by a comprehensive and competitive benefit package. For more information about the FVRD, please visit our website at www.fvrd.ca.
||If this opportunity excites you, and you want to contribute to a positive work environment, we want to hear from you. Please submit your resume, along with a cover letter, indicating how you meet the qualifications. Please quote Competition #2019-29 and send, in confidence, by 4:30 p.m. on July 19, 2019 to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Fraser Valley Regional District
Human Resources Department
45950 Cheam Avenue
Chilliwack, BC V2P 1N6
or fax confidentially to: 604-702-5461
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
||45950 Cheam Avenue
||June 27, 2019 08:30 AM
||July 19, 2019 04:30 PM