||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
July 15, 2019
at 4:30 PM
||3027 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks, Recreation and Culture
||The City of Surrey is looking for a dynamic, collaborative and creative Assistant Archivist with demonstrated experience in facilitating access to archival collections, arranging and describing archival materials, implementing digitization projects, leading public programs and outreach initiatives and experience supporting a small staff team and volunteers. Reporting to the Archivist, the Assistant Archivist works 35 hours per week, and plays a crucial role in the public operations of the City of Surrey Archives.
This is an excellent opportunity for an Archives professional with demonstrated initiative, leadership abilities and exemplary public service and communication skills.
||• Assist to appraise, process, arrange and describe, and re-house archival materials, as well as assist to organize City records transfers.
• Provide access to archival collections through in-person reference services and remotely via email and telephone, as well as through an online database.
• Monitor use of collections to ensure safety and security of archival materials, while ensuring access to materials is compliant with relevant legislation.
• Support with database management, digital preservation initiatives and the management of digital assets.
• Use archival software to input archival descriptions, images, and to support reference services.
• Coordinate and process digitization orders.
• Plan, coordinate, develop and deliver a range of public programs and outreach initiatives.
• Conduct research using the archival collection for various initiatives.
• Provide general direction to staff and volunteers.
• Work collaboratively with a wide range of other City Staff.
• Keep and report accurate statistics on reference services, programs and outreach events.
The successful applicant will have strong written and oral communication skills, experience organizing and providing access to archival materials, and be able to provide excellent customer service. The ability to think critically and quickly while identifying and recommending research solutions and resources is essential for success in this role.
||• Completion of a diploma in a related discipline plus a minimum of two years’ experience working with archival collections, reference and outreach.
• Knowledge of archival theory and practices.
• Experience working in Archives where Canadian archival standards and practices are used.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
||Please apply online @ www.surrey.ca/careers to Job ID 3027.
||14245 - 56th Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3X 3A2, Canada
||July 2, 2019 08:30 AM
||July 15, 2019 04:30 PM