|Community Services Assistant 3 - Archives Collections Assistant
||City of Surrey
||3030 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks, Recreation and Culture
||The Community Service Assistant 3 (Archives Collections Assistant) will assist the Archivist to make collections more publicly accessible through the digitization and description of archival records. All archival descriptions will be entered into the MINISIS database and made available to the public through Heritage Services’ SAMOA (Surrey Archives & Museum Online Access) search engine. The successful candidate will also assist with outreach events and reference services.
||Surrey Heritage Services is seeking an enthusiastic Archives Collections Assistant who is interested in contributing to the rapidly growing and diversified community of Surrey. The Archives Collections Assistant will:
• Digitize and describe archival records including photographs and documents;
• Enter all descriptions in the MINISIS database and make available to the public in-person in the Archives Reference Room and online through SAMOA;
• Assist in reference services, public programming and outreach events.
||• Completion of grade 12 and some post-secondary education from a recognized institution - courses in history, archival research or records management are an asset.
• 2 years related experience including supervision
• Emergency First Aid and CPR certificates or acceptable equivalent.
This position is supported by Heritage Canada's Young Canada Works (YCW) Building Careers in Heritage. The position is contingent on Federal Government Grant funding. Successful candidates much meet the criteria set forth by the grant program, including:
• Must have graduated from a recognized post-secondary institution within the last 24 months;
• Be between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
• Are an unemployed or underemployed college or university graduate and will not have another full-time job (over 30 hours a week) while employed with this position.
Start & End Dates:
• October 8, 2019 to March 7, 2020
Days of Position:
• Tuesday – Saturday
To find out more, visit: https://www.canada.ca/en/canadian-heritage/services/funding/young-canada-works.html
||Please apply online @ www.surrey.ca/careers to Job ID 3030.
||July 2, 2019 08:30 AM
||August 16, 2019 04:30 PM