|Community Service Assistant 3 – Grassroots Hockey Programming (Auxiliary)
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
July 19, 2019
at 4:30 PM
||3047 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks, Recreation and Culture
||Under the umbrella of Sport Surrey, the City of Surrey is proudly delivering an array of grassroots hockey programming in Surrey. We feel that together with our community partners we are positioned to best focus on activities related to increasing participation by people facing barriers to sport. As part that commitment, we’re looking for a Community Services Assistant 3 to bring their event planning and sport development experiences and passions to proactively engage our community in the sport of hockey as a catalyst for lifelong involvement in sport and recreation.
||• Work collaboratively with community partners to host a Champions Forum.
• Support 4-5 Hockey Box event activations using physical literacy philosophies.
• Supervise, train, and support a team of event instructors and community volunteers as needed.
• Develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with internal staff and external partners across the City.
• Support the implementation of a marketing and communications plan.
• Assist with other administrative and practical tasks when necessary.
||Our ideal candidate is a person who is flexible and able to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
• Completion of Grade 12 and some post secondary education from a recognized institution, supplemented by 2 years related experience including supervision in recreation work or area of specialty or an equivalent acceptable combination of training and experience.
• The ability to exercise good judgment and work independently;
• Strong public relation and interpersonal skills;
• Knowledge of computer applications and good keyboard skills.
||Applicants under consideration will be required to consent to a Police Information Check/Vulnerable Sector Check. Please apply online @ www.surrey.ca/careers to Job ID 3047.
||July 10, 2019 08:30 AM
||July 19, 2019 04:30 PM