|Program Assistant – Community Services Assistant 3
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
August 16, 2019
at 4:30 PM
||3086 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks, Recreation and Culture
||The City of Surrey is one of the fastest growing and culturally diverse cities in Canada. Recognized as a top employer, we are dedicated to building a vibrant, progressive, world-class city that enhances quality of life for our citizens, while delivering meaningful and rewarding career opportunities for our employees.
||Museum of Surrey is a cultural facility with a mission to ignite young imaginations and connect Surrey’s diverse population and communities through participation, engagement and stories. With this in mind, we are looking for a passionate and people-focussed Program Assistant to assist with a variety of registered programs and special events.
In this role, typical duties include:
• Assist in the organization, preparation, and delivery of programs and events.
• Aid in promotion and evaluation of programs and events.
• Assist in research of topics, activities and community partners for programs and special events.
• Support summer students, interns and volunteers.
• Setup and takedown such as the sorting, organizing, preparation and cleanup of program equipment and supplies.
• Preparation of craft or activity templates and samples.
• Assist to train and supervise volunteers.
• Attend outreach, such as City of Surrey special events or program delivery at seniors’ care homes.
• Maintain records, statistics and reports.
We’re looking for someone who loves the unpredictability and rewards of working with the public. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required when working with people of different ages and backgrounds.
A familiarity with the principles and practices of museum interpretation, program delivery and community development would be an asset.
Working knowledge of textile practices, such as knitting, spinning, weaving, crochet, sewing, would be an asset.
||As the successful candidate you must be able to demonstrate your outgoing customer relation skills. You’ll also have:
• Grade 12 and some post- secondary education from a recognized institution, supplemented by 2 year of related experience including supervision in community service work or an equivalent acceptable combination of training and experience.
• Valid Emergency First Aid and CPR Certificate.
• Valid BC driver’s license with a safe driving history.
• Access to a vehicle in order to drive to various locations.
||Applicants under consideration will be required to consent to a Police Information Check/Vulnerable Sector Check. Please apply online @ www.surrey.ca/careers to Job ID 3086.
||July 25, 2019 08:30 AM
||August 16, 2019 04:30 PM