||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
August 15, 2019
at 4:30 PM
||Help us deliver positive, fun skating lessons to kids, youth, and adults as a Skating Instructor in Surrey’s arenas. As part of the Community Recreation Division, you’ll be joining a dynamic team that aims to build healthy communities where all people are active and engaged for life.
We’re looking for enthusiastic skating instructors to join our Community Recreation Division and help make a difference in the lives of Surrey residents.
||As a Skating Instructor, you will be planning and delivering skating lessons to people of all ages and abilities. Responsibilities include:
• Creating and delivering lesson plans based on the skating levels and progressions of each group.
• Preparing evaluation forms and progress reports.
• Teaching skating lessons to a variety of participants.
• Ensuring program participants have a positive recreation experience as part of our commitment as a HIGH FIVE® registered organization.
• Providing excellent customer service.
• Selected applicants will be required to work one of the following shift sets:
o South Surrey Arena – Mondays and Wednesdays – 4:30-7:00pm.
o South Surrey Arena – Saturdays 10:45am.-1:45pm.
o Newton Arena Sundays – 2:00-4:30pm.
||We’re looking for experienced skaters with the skills and enthusiasm to be able to share their knowledge with others. You, as our ideal candidate, are a motivated self-starter who enjoys working with children and people of all ages. You are customer focused and a great communicator who can inspire confidence and enjoyment in skating. You are also a true team player who will support the team’s goals in creating a safe and inclusive environment for all Surrey arena visitors.
• Have a current Emergency First Aid and CPR certification or willing to obtain.
• Demonstrate proficient skating abilities and a thorough knowledge of ice skating skills.
• Demonstrate effective leadership skills.
• Have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with program participants, volunteers, staff, and the public.
• Have experience with planning and lesson plan creation.
• Have some experience in providing skate instruction.
• Have NCCP Coaching Certificate (asset).
• RFABC Recreational Ice Skating Instructors Course (asset)
||Apply at surrey.ca/careers on of before August 15, 2019
||14245 - 56th Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3X 3A2, Canada
||July 31, 2019 08:30 AM
||August 15, 2019 04:30 PM